Notice: wpdb::prepare was called incorrectly. The query does not contain the correct number of placeholders (2) for the number of arguments passed (3). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.8.3.) in /home/italianmade/public_html/ca/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4147
With three main ingredients: prosciutto crudo, Taleggio PDO and asparagus, this recipe’s easy preparation and elegant appearance makes it an ideal dish to serve at your next dinner party.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 16 Slices of Prosciutto di Parma PDO (recommended)
- 16 Asparagus spears
- 16 ¼-inch-thick slices of Taleggio PDO
- Italian extra virgin olive oil and Italian Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Steam asparagus spears about 5 to 10 minutes. Cook until al dente, a firm-to-bite consistency.
- Pair each individual spear of asparagus with a slice of Taleggio PDO. Wrap each pair with a single slice of prosciutto crudo.
- Drizzle with Italian extra virgin olive oil and authentic Italian balsamic vinegar.
In Italy, prosciutto crudo means “raw” prosciutto, which is the typical thinly sliced, dry-cured ham commonly found in grocery stores. In contrast, prosciutto cotto is a “cured” cured ham usually served on pizzas or in sandwiches. Two of the most famous varieties of prosciutto crudo are Prosciutto di Parma PDO and Prosciutto di San Daniele PDO. To contrast the savoury flavour of prosciutto crudo, Taleggio PDO offers a slightly sweet and tangy aroma. Made using whole cow’s milk, this semi-soft cheese is produced in the Taleggio Valley near Bergamo, Lombardy.
Having incorporated a variety of bold flavours, the mild taste of asparagus makes it the perfect vegetable for this dish.