CILENTO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PDO

img

www.oliodopcilento.com/

Region(s): Campania

Production Area(s): The Province of Salerno

Product Description: Cilento PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Piscittana, Rotondella, Ogliarola or Uogliarola, Frantoio, Salella and Leccino varieties of olive, which must come from mixed or single variety olive orchards in quantities of no less than 85%. The remaining 15% can be made up of other olives from the same area.

Flavor Profile: Has a fairly intense green to straw color, with a light to medium fruity aroma and a fruity taste with delicate bitter and peppery hints.

COLLINE SALERNITANE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PDO

www.dopcollinesalernitane.it/

Region(s): Campania

Production Area(s): The province of Salerno. Produced, bottled and packaged in an area where olive groves have been cultivated for thousands of years. The area covers the Amalfi Coast, the Calore Valley, the Picentini, the Alburni, up to the Temples of Paestum.

Product Description: Colline Salernitane PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Rotondella, Frantoio, Carpellese or Nostrale varieties of olives. The cultivation of olives for the production of this evoo is extremely rigorous: all the production stages are monitored and checked, starting from the field to the packaging. Before this oil can be defined PDO Colline Salernitane, it needs to have undergone and passed a chemical and physics analysis. After tasting, a panel of experts proceeds to validate the PDO classification. The organoleptic properties of the oil are preserved only if the process has been performed in a state-ofart manner.

Flavor Profile: It has a beautiful color ranging from a rather intense green to pale yellow. The fruity taste is of medium intensity with clear overtones of tomato, artichoke and almond. The palate opens gently to a pleasant bite aftertaste with a spicy edge, that blend in perfect harmony.

OLIO TOSCANO PGI

www.oliotoscanoigp.it/en/

Region(s): Tuscany

Production Area(s): Tuscany

Product Description: Toscano PGI extra virgin olive oil is green to golden-yellow in color.

Flavor Profile: The aroma is fruity with hints of almond, artichoke and mature fruit. The flavor is decidedly fruity.

Suggested Wine Pairings: Chianti

RIVIERA LIGURE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PDO

www.oliorivieraligure.it/

Region(s): Liguria

Production Area(s): Riviera dei Fiori, Riviera del Ponente Savonese, Riviera di Levante

Product Description: Riviera Ligure PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Taggiasca, Lavagnina, Razzola and Pignola varieties of olives. The names refer to the production area and to the different percentage of the specific varieties of olives being present in the olive groves.

Flavor Profile: Riviera dei Fiori evoo is of a yellow color, a mature fruity aroma and a fruity taste with strong hints of sweetness. Riviera del Ponente Savonese: greenish yellow color, a mature fruity aroma and a fruity taste with strong hints of sweetness. Riviera di Levante: greenish yellow color, a mature fruity aroma and a fruity taste with medium hints of sweetness and light sensations of bitterness and spice.

TERRA D’OTRANTO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PDO

img

www.oliodopterradotranto.it/

Region(s): Apulia

Production Area(s): Lecce, Taranto, Brindisi

Product Description: Terra d’Otranto extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Cellina di Nardo’ and Ogliarola varieties of olives, present in the orchards in combinations of at least 60%. Up to 40% of other varieties may be present.

Flavor Profile: It has a green or yellow color with hints of green. The aroma is medium fruity with a hint of leaf. The taste is also fruity with light touches of bitterness and spice.

TERRE DI SIENA EXTRA VIRGIN OIL PDO

img

terredisienadop.it/

Region(s): Tuscany

Production Area(s): Siena

Product Description: Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin oil is obtained from at least two of the following varieties of olive: Frantoio, Correggiolo, Leccino and Moraiolo, which individually can make up 10%, or, together, at least 85% of the olives used. Other varieties may make up not more that the remaining 15%.

Flavor Profile: It has a green or yellow straw color with yellow-green tones that tend to grow more evident with time. The aroma is fruity as is the taste, often with strong hints of spice.

VAL DI MAZARA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PDO

img

dopvaldimazara.it/

Region(s): Apulia

Production Area(s): Lecce, Taranto, Brindisi

Region(s): Sicily

Production Area(s): Palermo, Agrigento Product Description: Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Biancolilla, Nocellara del Belice and Cerasuola varieties of olives present in quantities of at least 90%, individually or mixed, in the olive orchards. The varieties of Ogliarola Messinese, Giarraffa and Santagatese may make up the remaining 10%.

Flavor Profile: It has a golden yellow color with intense hints of green. The aroma is fruity with hints of almond, while the initial taste is fruity and velvety with a sweet aftertaste.