Cilento PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Piscittana, Rotondella, Ogliarola or Uogliarola, Frantoio, Salella and Leccino varieties of olive, which must come from mixed or single variety olive orchards in quantities of no less than 85%.

CILENTO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL PDO

OLIVE OIL

Product Description

Cilento PDO extra virgin olive oil is a Mediterranean product of excellence, produced in the Campania region, in Southern Italy. It’s obtained from the Pisciottana, Rotondella, Ogliarola or Uogliarola, Frantoio, Salella and Leccino varieties of olives, which must come from mixed or single variety olive orchards in quantities of no less than 85%. The remaining 15% can be made up of other olives from the same area.

Production Area: Cilento PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced in the Province of Salerno, in the Southern part of the Campania region, in the green scenario of the National Park of Cilento.

Appearance and Flavor: This oil has a fairly intense color, ranging from green to straw yellow, with a light-to-medium fruity aroma and a fruity taste, as well as delicate hints of bitter and peppery flavors.

Origins: The cultivation of the olive tree in the area of Cilento is dated back to the VI century BC, during the Magna Grecia time. Greek colonists introduced the most ancient local variety of olives, the Pisciottana.

Production: The harvesting process must be done before the end of December and harvested directly from the tree. After this first process, olives are brought to the mill, and milled not after 48 hours.

Gastronomy: Cilento PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil should be stored in a cool, dark place, far from heat sources to preserve its characteristics. Its delicate aroma is good to serve the traditional recipes of the Campania Region, boiled vegetables and salads.

Consorzio per la tutela dell’olio extravergine di oliva DOP “Cilento”

Consorzio per la tutela dell’olio extravergine di oliva DOP “Cilento”

Laureana Cilento (SA) alla via Archi
0974.832573 - [email protected]
Website

RECIPES

RELATED

CLASSIC BRUSCHETTA

In this recipe, we find Olio Cilento PDO, it has a fruity taste with delicate bitter and peppery hints.


Read more...

PRODUCTS

RELATED

CILENTO PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Cilento PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Piscittana, Rotondella, Ogliarola or Uogliarola, Frantoio, Salella and Leccino varieties of olive, which must come from mixed or single variety olive orchards in quantities of no less than 85%.


Read more...

COLLINE SALERNITANE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Colline Salernitane PDO extra virgin olive oil is cultivated in Southern Italy, in the Region of Campania.


Read more...

RIVIERA LIGURE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Riviera Ligure PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a typical product of excellence from the Region of Liguria, in the North-West of Italy.


Read more...

TERRA D’OTRANTO PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Terra d’Otranto PDO extra virgin olive oil is a product of excellence from the Region of Puglia, in Southern Italy.


Read more...

TERRE DI SIENA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is a typical product of the hilly province of Siena, in Tuscany.


Read more...

TOSCANO PGI EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Toscano PGI extra virgin olive oil is a typical Tuscan product of excellence. It means typicality and a strong link with the territory, certified by the Community trade mark IGP and by strict production regulations.


Read more...

VAL DI MAZARA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is a Sicilian high quality product.


Read more...

Italian Made Partners

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close