Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is a typical product of the hilly province of Siena, in Tuscany.

TERRE DI SIENA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

OLIVE OIL

Product Description

Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is a typical product of the hilly province of Siena, in Tuscany. It is a high quality extra virgin olive oil, recognizable from the red and green labeled Consortium that attests its authenticity.

Production Area: Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is entirely produced, from the harvesting process to the packaging, in the area of the Province of Siena, in Tuscany.

Appearance and Flavour: This oil has a green or straw-yellow color, with varying tones that tend to grow more evidently with time. The aroma is fruity, as is the taste, and it often has strong hints of spice.

Origins: Since the Middle Age, cultivation of olive tree has been very common in the Siena Area. In the 19th century, olive trees cultivation was already very important for the economy of the Area.

Production: Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from at least two of the following varieties of olives: Frantoio, Correggiolo, Leccino and Moraiolo. Individually, these olives can make up 10% of the oil, and together, at least two of these types of olives must make 85% of the product. Other varieties may make up not more that the remaining 15%. Olive harvesting must be done directly from the tree, in a period of time between October and December. After the harvesting process, olives are brought to the “frantoio”, the mill, and milled not after 72 hours.

Gastronomy: Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil’s delicate aromatic flavor is perfect as a condiment for vegetables and classic Italian bruschettas, for Tuscan dishes and soups, meat and fish. This extra virgin olive oil is also very good to fry. Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil should be stored in a cool, dark place, far from heat sources.

Consorzio Olio Terre di Siena DOP

Consorzio Olio Terre di Siena DOP

Strada delle Ropole 15 – 16, Taverne d’Arbia, 53100 SIENA
0577 / 280970 - [email protected]
Website

RECIPES

RELATED

CITRON, CHERRIES AND QUINOA SALAD

In this recipe, we find Olio Terre di Siena PDO, its aroma is fruity as is its flavor, often with strong hints of spice.


Read more...

PRODUCTS

RELATED

CILENTO PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Cilento PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Piscittana, Rotondella, Ogliarola or Uogliarola, Frantoio, Salella and Leccino varieties of olive, which must come from mixed or single variety olive orchards in quantities of no less than 85%.


Read more...

COLLINE SALERNITANE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Colline Salernitane PDO extra virgin olive oil is cultivated in Southern Italy, in the Region of Campania.


Read more...

RIVIERA LIGURE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Riviera Ligure PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a typical product of excellence from the Region of Liguria, in the North-West of Italy.


Read more...

TERRA D’OTRANTO PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Terra d’Otranto PDO extra virgin olive oil is a product of excellence from the Region of Puglia, in Southern Italy.


Read more...

TERRE DI SIENA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is a typical product of the hilly province of Siena, in Tuscany.


Read more...

TOSCANO PGI EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Toscano PGI extra virgin olive oil is a typical Tuscan product of excellence. It means typicality and a strong link with the territory, certified by the Community trade mark IGP and by strict production regulations.


Read more...

VAL DI MAZARA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is a Sicilian high quality product.


Read more...

Italian Made Partners

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close