Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is a Sicilian high quality product.

VAL DI MAZARA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

OLIVE OIL

Product Description

Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is a Sicilian high quality product. It is obtained from the Biancolilla, Nocellara del Belice and Cerasuola varieties of olives, which, individually or mixed, must make up at least 90% of the olive orchards. The varieties of Ogliarola Messinese, Giarraffa and Santagatese may make up the remaining  10%.

Production Area: Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is produced entirely in Sicily, in the territory of the province of Palermo and some municipalities of the province of Agrigento.

Appareance and Taste: This oil has a golden-yellow color, with intense hints of green. The aroma is fruity, with hints of almond, while the initial taste is fruity and velvety, with a sweet aftertaste.

Origins:  Olive trees’ cultivation in the production area of Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil dates back to the Greek colonization. Olive cultivation continued to develop over the centuries, becoming one of the main resources of the local agricultural economy.

Production: The harvest must take place between the first ripening of the fruit and the end of December. The olives must be placed in rigid, ventilated boxes and stored in a cool environment with a relative humidity of no more than 50-60% and maximum temperature of 15°C, then the extraction process takes place.

Gastronomy: Strong and aromatic flavor of Val di Mazara PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil is perfect to exalt the taste of already tasteful dishes, like soups and grilled fish. It should be stored in a dark, cool place at a temperature between 14°C/57°F and 18°C/64°F, away from heat sources.

Consorzio di Tutela dell'olio extravergine di oliva D.O.P.

Consorzio di Tutela dell'olio extravergine di oliva D.O.P. "Val Di Mazara"

Via Mariano D’Amelio 78, 90146 Palermo
091/954785 - [email protected]
Website

RECIPES

RELATED

SALAD IN WHITE

In this recipe we find Sicilian Olio Val di Marzara PDO, it has a fruity aroma with a hint of almond.


Read more...

PRODUCTS

RELATED

CILENTO PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Cilento PDO extra virgin olive oil is obtained from the Piscittana, Rotondella, Ogliarola or Uogliarola, Frantoio, Salella and Leccino varieties of olive, which must come from mixed or single variety olive orchards in quantities of no less than 85%.


Read more...

COLLINE SALERNITANE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Colline Salernitane PDO extra virgin olive oil is cultivated in Southern Italy, in the Region of Campania.


Read more...

RIVIERA LIGURE PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Riviera Ligure PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a typical product of excellence from the Region of Liguria, in the North-West of Italy.


Read more...

TERRA D’OTRANTO PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Terra d’Otranto PDO extra virgin olive oil is a product of excellence from the Region of Puglia, in Southern Italy.


Read more...

TERRE DI SIENA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Terre di Siena PDO extra virgin olive oil is a typical product of the hilly province of Siena, in Tuscany.


Read more...

TOSCANO PGI EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Toscano PGI extra virgin olive oil is a typical Tuscan product of excellence. It means typicality and a strong link with the territory, certified by the Community trade mark IGP and by strict production regulations.


Read more...

VAL DI MAZARA PDO EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

Val di Mazara PDO extra virgin olive oil is a Sicilian high quality product.


Read more...

Italian Made Partners

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close