With a well-stocked Italian pantry, you can whip up this quick pasta, and transport your taste buds to an Italian trattoria any night of the week.
With a trio of Italian pantry saviours – jarred pesto, dried pasta and canned tomatoes – you can get an authentic Italian dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 lb (500 g) authentic Italian linguine
- I/2 cup (120 g) Canned Italian Pomodorini (Cherry Tomatoes), chopped
- 2/3 cups (150 g) Grated Pecorino Romano PDO
- 2 tbsp Pesto alla Genovese, imported from Italy
- 1 tbsp (90 mL) Italian extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil, add salt and the linguine. Cook until al dente and drain.
- Add the pesto, extra virgin olive oil and tomatoes to the pasta, tossing until it is completely covered. Sprinkle with grated Pecorino Romano PDO.