Ingredients (Serves 2)
- ½ cup (75 g) Quick cooking polenta Made in Italy
- 2 cups (470 m) Water
- ¼ cup (25 g) Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO, grated
- 1 ½ tbsps (21 g) Butter
- 2 Eggs (1 per serving)
- 4 slices authentic Italian Prosciutto Crudo
- Salt and pepper, for sprinkling
- 1 Medium fresh white truffle, cleaned (optional)
- Bring water and salt to boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in polenta. Cook on medium-low, stirring frequently, according to instructions. Add ½ tbsp (7 g) butter and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO.
- Melt remaining butter (1 tbsp/14 g) over medium heat and crack eggs into skillet. Season with salt and pepper, cooking to desired consistency.
- Spoon polenta into bowls and top each bowl with a cooked egg and prosciutto crudo.
- Suggestion: Garnish finished dish with shaved truffle. Serve with a side of toast and fresh fruit.
Made from medium or coarsely ground cornmeal, polenta is a beloved golden-hued, gluten-free Italian dish. Authentic polenta is typically made from a specific heirloom variety of corn called eight-row flint, or otto file in Italian. A staple food of Northern Italy, polenta is enjoyed for its versatility and can be served to compliment nearly any food (including lean and delicious, authentic Prosciutto Crudo and decadent white truffles).